Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Return of Blaxploitation: Black Dynamite Trailer

Now you know the soulbrother loves a good blaxploitation flick [see this previous post]. Seems like a new one is due to hit theaters in September 2009. Director Scott Sanders and writer Miichael Jai White previously screened the film at the Sundance Film Festival, and it was picked up by Sony Worldwide Acquistions.

And check out this cast: Miichael Jai White, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Obba Babatunde, Kym Whitley, Mykelti Williamson, Bokeem Woodbine, Kevin Chapman, Tommy Davidson, John Salley, Chris Spencer, Phil Morris, Brian McKnight, and Arsenio Hall.

I’m looking forward to this one, but I think I’ll check it out before four o’clock when the tickets are half-price.



Click this link for additional film information and a synopsis.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love blaxpoltation. Have you seen Black Caesar?

Max Reddick said...

Got it on the shelf right now. Both I & II.

Citizen Ojo said...

Check out "The Spook Who Sat By The Door" if you get a chance. It's not really true blaxpoitation but it was during that timeframe. One of the best has to be "Three The Hard Way"

Max Reddick said...

I've been meaning to check out "The Spook." I just haven't gotten around to ordering it. And I do remember Three the Hard Way.

kiss my black ads said...

I saw this promo a while back, did it ever come out? Has the Blaxploitation message gotten any better?

Max Reddick said...

It's due to come out in September. It seems its not gotten any better; the new movie, which seems to be meant as a parody/tribute, sticks pretty close to the blaxploitation scrip, only now its exagerrated.

blackink said...

Wasn't Michael Jai White born to play this role? I mean, who else could have done it but the brother who played Mike Tyson?

Maybe Samuel Jackson? Snoop?

Max Reddick said...

Yeah, this role is Taylor made for his limited acting range. From the trailer, he fits in perfectly.

Anonymous said...

Is he limited or type casted due to his physique? In my opinion, Will Smith is severely limited as he plays the same character in every movie...Will Smith.

Max Reddick said...

My answer is yes to both. He has been type casted because of his physique, but in the same instance, I think his acting ability is in question. Maybe it's the roles he has played but I have yet to see a performance that displayed more than B list talent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails