Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Where is Rae Dawn Chong?

Occasionally I’ll look up from my work in the vineyard, and a member of the tribe is missing. Usually I send out a search party to bring them in, but recently a missing member found me.

The other night I was having a hard time sleeping, so I decided to watch some television. I flipped to one of the movie channels only to find on the screen a lady just standing in her panties. And they were some nice panties at that. All lacy and frilly and shit. But the soulbrother digresses.

I know what you are saying. What’s so unusual about seeing a woman in her panties on cable television in the middle of the night? If you tune in at the right time on the right channel, you are bound to see more than that.

But this was not just any woman. It was Rae Dawn Chong. She was starring with Glen Plummer in the 1996 indy movie Small Time. Rae just happens to be one of my childhood crushes. By my teen years, this childhood crush had grown into full-blown abject lust. Shit! I think it was the nude seem in The Quest for Fire. Young men are very impressionable you know.

Alas, now I’m much too old for childhood crushes. And I’m much too pragmatic for celebrity crushes, that is except for Jill Scott and Chaka Kahn (I lik’em round). I know Jill and Chaka really want me, but they are just far to busy to seek me out right now. I must admit, Rae still looks good after all these years, and it even appears she’s working on a couple new movies.

What’s up, Rae? Long time, no see. It’s good to have you back with the tribe.

5 comments:

RiPPa said...

Ok, imma go ahead and say it...

She was my crush too, and when I saw her in that movie Quest For Fire, she gave me a woody runnin around naked but yet covered in blood.

Damn that was a way back moment.

Max Reddick said...

Naked but yet covered in blood? You're a sick MF! That's my favorite scene too!

Eddie said...

Blah! Face it muthafuckas, ya'll like Rae cuz she looks Puerto Rican and it's a well-known fact it's EVERY black man's dream to marry a Puerto Rican! LOL!

RiPPa said...

shhhhhhhhh!

Its the accent man!

Max Reddick said...

Oh, damn El Nuy. I never analyzed it that way. Your probably right. Just the thought of me getting my young hands on some psuedo Latina booty probably had my young hormones just going buck wild!

Related Posts with Thumbnails