Saturday, September 19, 2009

BlogTalkRadio Apperance: Black Men Re-inventing Ourselves


To kick off Black Boys and Men Week here on soulbrother v.2, this evening I will be sitting in on a blogtalkradio panel discussing the various issues black boys and men in this country face. The panel will be moderated by @TheHighRoad.

If you are not familiar with @TheHighRoad, you can get a sense of this devoted husband and father’s efforts to improve the conditions of our communities by going to his site, The High Road, by clicking here.

I really, really need your support on this one; this is a subject that I am very passionate about, and I am sure you will agree that the needs are many. The show will be aired this evening at 5:30 PM EST. Please call in to comment and have a say in the discussion. The call in number is (347)215-9596.

But if you cannot call in, or you will not be able to hear the show live, you can click here to go to the broadcast page to hear a replay or download the podcast.

1 comments:

ProfGeo said...

Max, I caught most of your High Road broadcast and appreciated the positive comments from all parties.

I don't have sons but I have nephews, geographically scattered. One nephew has three generations of strong Black women riding herd on him (four if you count his sister) so he doesn't have time to get into trouble. That's a positive. The family men he sees are his grandfather & uncles (annual visits), while the day-to-day adult men in his life are coaches & the preacher. I confess I was all set to whine on my nephew's behalf, but typing it out shows a better setup than so many kids have. OK, high road it is.

Related Posts with Thumbnails